Wednesday 9 April 2008

Vintage Chanel Rules - Part 1

I guess my first few posts have given you guys an idea that I love mixing vintage with modern. I choose everything according to my view, since it will be too tired and too not-so-in-style to follow every fashion trend that comes along. However, I am not afraid to take risks which potentially I guess I could handle. The biggest strength of vintage necklace is that it gives you a totally original look, bit different from the modern chic, but not weird! Yes, that's very important. We don't all have to look totally like from another planet in order to be different. Today I just like to show you some of my favourite vintage Chanel necklaces/chains – I guess I will always be stuck in a time warp.

  • 1970s-1980s Chanel 3-Detachable-Charm Chain
It is creative piece that brings you endless ideas. Each charm has the glass opalesque stones in hues of deep red, emerald green and sapphire blue. You can really wear it in your own ways. Perhaps use 1 charm as a match keyring? I love them; since they give you marry your own characteristics and grow with you as you wear it again and again.







  • 1970s-1980s Chanel Chain with Poured Glass Bezel-Set Stones
Early chains are probably most demanding from vintage Chanel jewellery, particularly when it mixes Coco favourite red and green. This traditional Chanel chain mixes poured glass bezel-set stones in hues of deep red, emerald green, crystal clear and faux peal.





  • 1970s - 1980s Chanel Poured Glass Necklace

This is a fine example of the highly collectible glass opalesque stones Chanel necklace produced in the early between 1970s and 1980s. Instead of Peal, Chanel created this beautiful and heavy chain with strong and rich colour contrast and clear crystal mixing gold - truely special!



  • 1985 Chanel Necklace with Cross Pendant

This is a rare and amazingly fine Chanel poured glass cross from signed 1985. Its use of rich colour (red, green and amethyst) and in the intricate crafting surrounding each stone and the beautiful link chain completes the impressive effect.



No comments: